As mentioned last week, I went and had our sweet Miss Camryn last Wednesday. She is beyond precious and although the chaos of life with four little boys and now a little girl has not ended, we are absolutely eating up our time with a cuddly, snuggly, sweet-smelling newborn.

Because I am spending eternal amounts of time parked on the couch feeding the babe and simultaneously attempting to read books and give the dudes their allotment of attention, I will be checked out of blogging – hit and miss here and there – for a bit. But I wanted to let you all know that while I may be a little slow in answering comments and questions, I am nothing if not prepared, and I worked around the clock before Camryn arrived to post recipes regularly for you – all of which are currently prescheduled and waiting in queue for your viewing pleasure. And I have to say there are some doozies coming up. So while I may be in and out of blogging for awhile, continue to enjoy the recipes that will be automatically posting and know I’ll be back in the saddle again soon.

But really, can you blame me for temporarily abandoning you for this?

Love your guts…all of you! Thanks for your support.

208 Responses to Baby, Baby!

1. Rachael says:

What a sweet baby girl! Congratulations! I love those very generously portioned cheeks. :D MMmm – cannot at all blame you for wanting to spend all your time snuggling that cute little babe. Her cheeks look edible . . . I’d snack on them all day. hahaha

2. Michelle Barber says:

Congrats a million times over! Don’t let anything distract you from that awesome little family of yours. You are an inspiration.

3. Karen says:

Congratulations! Enjoy your time with your family. Camryn is beautiful!

4. Camille says:

She is precious, Mel!!! I didn’t even know you were expecting…where have I been? Oh…probably in pregnancy mode myself, with my 5th baby : ) I have 7 more weeks to go, and don’t blame you a bit for wanting spend all your time with her…newborns are the best!!! Congrats!!!!

5. Michelle H says:

Welcome to the world little one :) Mel take all the time you need :) Those days go oh so quickly!

6. Amber says:

Super duper precious! Thanks for all the yummy recipes.

7. Stephanie says:

I too had a group of boys and then a sweet little girl. We called her our “beautiful bundle of pink perfection!” She has added so much to our home…enjoy every moment of your beautiful baby girl.

8. Congrats again to you and your family! Camryn is beautiful and of course you deserve time to spend with her and your family. Enjoy these precious moments while she is still small. Look forward to seeing all the recipes you have been working hard and cooking up and preparing for the upcoming weeks.

9. Sara says:

Congratulations to you!

10. Tiffany says:

Congrats!!! She is so precious!! As much as I love your blog I don’t blame you and take all the time you need! You defiantly can’t get that time back! Congrats again to you and your sweet family!

11. Nancy Brown says:

Congratulations!

12. Michelle says:

Congratulations, Mel. She is beautiful. You are amazing to have thought of all of us while nesting and awaiting her arrival by putting posts in the queue. It sounds like you are soaking up all the goodness of this sweet time–you deserve every second. Don’t give a second thought to your fans; just know that we will be here when you are back up-and-at-em, even if the prescheduled recipes run out. You are my favorite blog and I don’t want you burning out!! Best wishes for peace, rest, and patience with yourself over the coming year. :-)

13. liz pabst says:

oh mel, shes beautiful! sorry ive neglected our emails. without bogging you down with my issues as part of this should be purely congratulatory comment, harris’ surgery got canceled in lieu of 4 times a week therapy and it has been my whole life. i’m so happy camryn is here safe and sound and hope you are all doing well. let’s catch up soon.

14. Tanya says:

Yay she’s here! What a sweetie! Congrats! After three boys… we got TWO little girls! So different from raising boys. :) Enjoy her every minute… they grow so fast! :(

Oh, just a heads up: I attended Women’s Conf @ BYU last week and in the dinning in/meal planning class the presenter recommended your blog… so you should have about 1000 new readers. :) I was like: “Yes, she’s awesome! Go read her blog!” Thanks for all your hard work! Love your recipes!

15. Julianne says:

Baha, THE CHEEKS!

I love her I love her I love her.

16. Alyssa B says:

Congratulations! She’s precious. I’ve got about a month to go with my 2nd, this is going to make me more impatient to see mine (we don’t know the gender)!

17. Stefani says:

Holy Cheeks, Mel! I love me some chunky babies! And by the way, showering everyday by 9am is totally overrated. Enjoy your little babe.

18. Devona says:

Abandon away!! She is so precious, I’m not sure you’ll ever be able to make it back, but I hope you do! Enjoy your time with the new addition and those cute boys, too!

19. Liann says:

Congrats!! Enjoy this WONDERFUL time with that new baby girl. I love your blog and you seem like a fabulous Mommy. :)

20. Jeanene says:

What an adorable little bundle! Congratulations to all of you.

21. TrishInFL says:

Her cheeks!! I just love her cheeks! :-) Congratulations on your beautiful baby girl.

22. Cathy says:

Adorable sweet new baby! Of course you are loving your time with her. Now if only we could make some of your recipes to bring over to your house, so you can rest and enjoy Camryn and “the boys”.

Blessings to all of you! Cathy

23. Kimiko says:

She is adorable! Congrats Mel!

24. Debbie says:

Congratulations!! She is beautiful. My baby #4 just turned 1 (a whole month ago!) and even though I held her for about 90% of the year, it went by too fast. Keep snuggling her!! Thanks for all the great recipes. I rarely comment (if ever??), but you are on my reader and I love the posts.

25. Stacie D. says:

Congratulations! Hooray for baby girls! Hope you are resting up and managing well. It’s a whirlwind! (My baby girl, after two boys, is two months old…I’m still adjusting!) I was sure you would have planned ahead and pre-posted some recipes, but you didn’t have to. There’s no chance you’re losing my interest in your wonderful blog!

26. Debbie says:

Congrats! She is so precious! Enjoy your special time with her!

27. Mel says:

So adorable little girl! Congrats!

28. Megan says:

She is absolutely adorable! Congrats on your new addition!

29. Heidi says:

Mel- We love your guts too! So happy for you and definitely don’t begrudge you spending time with your kids, especially your new little cutie who needs Mama so much. I am expecting my first girl after 3 boys in a couple of months and I am so excited and overwhelmed with all the preparations. Thank you for taking all that time before baby to keep your blog fresh, really you have so many great recipes from the past that I haven’t gotten to yet that I would be fine with recaps. Enjoy your new baby girl & your big boys!
    Heidi in Idaho

30. She is such a cute, chubby baby!! How much did she weigh? Those cheeks make her look so grown up and well fed already! Thanks for posting pictures, she is darling!! Enjoy your break from blogging..you deserve it! Just enjoy her, they grow way too fast :) Glad everything went well!

31. Lindsay says:

She is an absolute princess. I love, love, love her hair! :) Please take your time in getting back to blogging……she is worth more than new recipes. But with that said, I’ll miss your posts. I’m a regular MWF blog checker! :)

32. Enjoy that time with her — she’s absolutely precious & I love the name :)

Congrats again, Mel!

33. Erin says:

Congrats. I am the youngest of 5 and the only girl. I have 4 brothers and I loved it. You will love having a girl.

34. Cammee says:

I wouldn’t get anything done with that precious angel in my house. She is so beautiful, with perfect little round features, and that hair! Enjoy her. May is a slacker month for cooking anyway, it’s sooooo dang busy!

35. Susanne says:

Your baby is adorable. Take time to be with your family. This time is soooo precious!

36. Lisa says:

Congratulations!! What a sweet angel. Enjoy being on cloud nine!!

37. Carmen says:

She is GORGEOUS! Yes, take good care of her! Newborns are time consuming but enjoy every precious moment!

38. Megan says:

congrats! I bet you can’t wait to dress her up!

39. Molly Pickett says:

Congratulations! She’s a doll. I love your blog and cook delicious things all the time thanks for you! Take as much time as you need to be with your family. Best wishes!

40. Shelli says:

Those pictures actually make me consider another one! She is SO incredibly precious! Enjoy your time with her!

41. Leah says:

Congrats Mel – and family! A huge welcome to Camryn too! All of you – Blessed Be.

42. karla says:

Congrats!!!!! she is absolutely adorable :)

43. Alisha says:

There is seriously nothing like the first couple of weeks home with a newborn. I love it. The Spirit is so strong as you meet & get to know this precious little gift from Heaven. Its my favorite time of life, ever. So special. Enjoy! xo

44. Lila says:

Congratulations! I’m sure your boys are thrilled (they were right after all!). So glad to hear you’re taking some time off and will continue to gobble up the recipes posted in the meantime!

45. Teresa says:

So so precious! Welcome to the world Camryn! What most of us readers would do to be able to spend one day in your household with your family and your mommy. Her food inspires us all to live better! Enjoy that sweet precious baby love!

46. Tracey says:

Oh my, she is SOOO darling! I just want to snuggle those chubby little cheeks! And are you kidding me with all that hair? SO CUTE!
    P.S. I’ve heard if you lay them on a silk blanket it will make is so they don’t rub their hair off and get a bald spot!…hey, it’s worth a shot huh? :)

47. Brooke says:

Oh how kissable those cheeks look! BIG congratulations to your sweet family Thanks for all you do for us and share with us. WE sure do love your guts, too! Enjoy every minute with your little Angel.

48. Veronica says:

Congratulations on your precious baby girl! I’m sure you were ready for another female in the family after four boys-lol! What a blessing–enjoy your time with her while she’s tiny, you know all too well how fast they grow up. Congrats again!

49. Debra Kapellakis says:

Absolutely gorgeous! CONGRATULATIONS!

50. Kellie says:

Congrats! So happy for you!

51. Jenn says:

Congratulations on Camryn’s arrival!! She’s beautiful!

I agree with a previous poster, I now have an intense urge to find a newborn (or heck, an older baby even) to snuggle. At 13 and 10, my boys don’t let me snuggle anymore! :(

Enjoy this time and we’ll enjoy the posts as they get posted!

52. Clarissa Meegan says:

What a beautiful baby girl! And look at those cheeks! Congratulations!

53. Kerri says:

Congratulations on your little girl! She is so adorable and cuddly. I’m so happy for you and your family. Enjoy this time to the fullest!

54. Holly says:

Congratulations! She’s so cute. I’m sure the guys at your house are smitten with her.

55. Jessica says:

What a gorgeous baby! Congrats!

56. Congratulations! She is too dang cute. Enjoy your time with her, it goes by way too fast!

57. Heather says:

Oh my gosh, your baby is BEAUTIFUL!! I have to admit, I am a little bit jealous of her. I wish I had older brothers. You are going to have so much fun over the years! Enjoy!

58. tammy says:

she is so stinkin’ cute…just want to “squish” her. Love ya!

59. Mel, she is beautiful!! Enjoy every moment with her, and don’t worry about us!

60. JoAnn says:

Congrats! And enjoy your time off with your newest.

61. Catherine says:

Congratulations. Take your time…take ALL the time.

62. Karen says:

Mel,
    She is precious and what a blessing! Enjoy these moments.
    Karen

63. Heather W says:

So beautiful! I have always been amazed that you’ve been able to blog with four children as it was! I have been following your blog for a few years now and have made many of your recipes. (you’ve always been my favorite food blogger, shhhh…. ;))
    Enjoy being with your babies, we will be here when you’re ready.

64. Oh, Camryn is just as sweet-looking as can be. I just want to squeeze those cheeks! What are her stats? She looks as healthy as can be which is a true blessing. Love the photo of your son holding her! What fun it will be to have four older brothers looking after her. Congrats to the whole fandamily!

65. Brooke says:

She’s absolutely beautiful! Wishing you sleep and many precious moments!

66. Mary says:

Many happy and beautiful things have just arrived in your life! You make sure to take care of yourself too. Oh that picture just makes my heart tender.

67. The sweetest addition to your already beautiful family Mel! Enjoy your time with her.

68. Kristin says:

Congratulations!! she is simply adorable! :)

69. Nicole Peck says:

Oh so precious!! Congratulations!

70. Cari says:

She’s so beautiful! Enjoy this precious time!

71. robin wieder says:

gorgeous little wee one…enjoy your time with that adorable little girlie..you deserve it…and they all need your 100% attention!! hugs to you all:-)

72. Tiffany says:

Congrats! She is beautiful. Enjoy your time with her and snuggle her for us.

73. Bethany says:

She is precious! Enjoy every minute of it. You know by now that it goes by way too fast!

74. Katrina Clark says:

Congratulations! She is a cutie and I love her cheeks! Enjoy your time with her! And best wishes for your family!

75. Jackie says:

She’s ridiculously adorable. Congrats mama on your newest little sweetheart . Rest when u can and snuggle lots for all of us without itty bittys in our houses.

76. Amy says:

No doubt she’s just as yummy as everything else you post! Eat her right up…

77. Nicole says:

Oh she’s beautiful! Congratulations! Enjoy! :)

78. Cathy Heckman says:

Absolutely beautiful! Enjoy your time, they grow up so fast. Now it’s time to teach all those boys how to treat their baby sister like a princess!

79. Lindsay says:

So beautiful! I definitely can’t blame you for taking a break to enjoy your beautiful addition to your family!

80. Kim S. says:

My God, that first picture is absolutely frame worthy! ADORABLE! Congratulations, Mel!

81. Steph says:

Congratulations! And yay for a girl! (we got our little lady after 3 boys, so I’ll bet I can guess how excited everyone at your house is for a daughter/sister)

82. Lisa says:

Mel,
    Congratulations to you and your family on your new baby girl! She is beautiful. Best wishes for your new addition!

83. Em says:

I love her hair!!! She is a doll, and I don’t blame you for taking as much time as you need – congrats again

84. Jen I says:

What?!? You managed a girl after 4 boys? LUCKY!! Maybe I won’t give up. :) Congratulations!!

85. Natalie Joyner says:

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!! I am an avid follower of your blog and love all your recipes. Two years ago I had my first little girl after 4 boys as well. Its so wonderful and it just keeps getting better. Enjoy your precious baby and family!!

86. Stacie A. says:

She is so precious!! I love all that hair. :) Enjoy this special time with her. Don’t hurry back!

87. Congratulations! She is precious!

88. Congrats on your new baby girl!! She is so adorable and looks so sweet. I’m so happy for your family. Little babies just bring a bit of heaven to home :) I haven’t commented before, but wanted to let you know your website has saved me so many times and every recipe I have tried has been AWESOME! My husband and kids LOVE it all and I’m so excited to keep trying new recipes. My kids call our house “the Winkler restaurant” now because they love the new recipes I’ve tried from your website. Thanks again so much!
    -Rachel

89. jmposti4 says:

Congrats! What a beautiful baby!!

90. Mimi says:

Congratulations! I wish you the best with you new one and I don’t blame you ONE bit! Enjoy her to pieces!

91. Stacy says:

She is perfectly perfect in every way!

92. Kara says:

Congratulations! She is an absolute doll! Enjoy your time “off” (haha) and get lots and lots of snuggle time!

93. Lisa J. says:

Congratulations!!!

94. Such a beautiful baby, congrats again!

95. Fairlight says:

Congratulations! She’s precious. Welcome baby Camryn.

96. Sandra Warner says:

Beautiful and so precious. Enjoy her while you can! :)

97. Anne says:

She is beautiful, Mel! Welcome to a whole new world of mothering! Girls are so wonderful, and lucky for you two ladies, you have some fabulous handsome helpers. Enjoy every second. Even though we all miss your miraculous kitchen goodness (and are beyond impressed that you scheduled recipe posts ahead of time), we might scold you if you come back too soon.

98. Christina says:

Congratulations, Mel! Hope you’re able to soak up this sweet time and enjoy having a girl after all of those boys!

99. Roberta says:

She is beautiful. What a great blessing from God. Congratulations.