A quick housekeeping note – in case you missed the minor announcement on Facebook earlier this week, I wanted to quickly say that we found out last week that we are embarking on a significant job change for my husband which is taking us from Wisconsin to Minnesota. This fast move is happening in a turnaround of about 3 weeks, which yes, is completely freaking me out and causing me to request dark chocolate in large doses. I’ll have scheduled posts popping up (because I love new recipes as much as you!) but I may be a tad slow on responding to comments and emails. Love your guts in advance for being supportive and understanding!
Now, on to this divine and dreamy peanut butter tart. Just so you know, “tart” sounds fancy. But don’t be scared off. You could easily make this into pie form but the details stay the same: buttery graham cracker crust topped with a sinfully decadent layer of chocolate and further enhanced with the creamiest, dreamiest peanut butter pudding concoction I’ve ever laid my lips on. I never knew a peanut butter filling could be this smooth. Unbelievable.
This tart is undeniably rich and luscious and wait…did I mention it was no-bake? Oh yes it is. I know I just posted another peanut butter/chocolate no-bake treat recently. Consider this tart the snobby, rich cousin of the no-bake peanut butter bars (with the same minimal fuss and prep). Easy peasy and absolutely fantastic. Not to mention the fact that this unassuming tart will completely wow your friends and family. They’ll think you are a rock star. Promise.
Note: The unbelievable greatness of this dessert lies in the smoothness of the peanut butter filling. I used my Blendtec blender to combine the filling ingredients. If you don't have a blender, try a food processor or even a handheld mixer. Just make sure to process or whip long enough to create a very smooth, light and fluffy filling.
- 9-10 rectangle graham crackers, crushed into fine crumbs (about 1 sleeve of graham crackers)
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 ounces milk or semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, divided
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- In a medium bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and the butter. Mix until combined. Place the crumbs in a 9- or 10-inch tart pan or pie plate. Press the crumbs evenly over the bottom and up the sides of the pan. Refrigerate while proceeding with the recipe.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl. Pour 1/2 cup cream in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until simmering. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and set aside (without stirring) for 3-5 minutes. Whisk until combined and glossy smooth. Cool the ganache to room temperature by whisking quickly for a few minutes. Spread the ganache over the bottom of the prepared crust and refrigerate until set, about 10-20 minutes.
- In a blender, food processor, or with a handheld mixer, combine the peanut butter, cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk. Blend until smooth. Add the remaining 1 cup heavy cream and process until the mixture is light and fluffy (1-2 minutes). Spoon the mixture over the top of the set ganache layer and smooth to the edges. Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. When ready to serve, remove the tart from the pan (if using a pie pan, obviously skip this step), cut the tart into slices and serve.