These potatoes are so simple and flavorful, they make a perfect side to so many meals, from sandwiches to grilled meat to just eating them by their lonesome! The fresh lemon juice brightens up the flavor and makes the crispy goodness of the herb-crusted potatoes that much more delicious. This is definitely a classic potato side dish to remember often.
Another gluten-free recipe in my arsenal this week! Enter the giveaway here if you haven’t already!
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (Goya brand is gluten-free, others may be also so check the label!)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds red potatoes, scrubbed and cut into ½-inch cubes (do not peel!)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine all ingredients except potatoes in large bowl or ziploc bag. Stir (or shake the bag) to blend well. Add the cut potatoes to the seasoning mixture and toss to coat.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet, spreading out in a single layer. Bake until the potatoes are browned and tender, about 40 minutes, flipping the potatoes with a spatula halfway through cooking.
Recipe Source: adapted from The Sister’s Cafe