How’s that for a lengthy recipe name? All the elements of this salad were so delicious, I didn’t want to leave any out in the description. This was the creation after I made the Chicken and White Bean Stew and had leftover chicken, bacon and spinach. It turned out fantastic! Talk about a fast, easy but incredibly filling and delectable meal. It made great leftovers, too, and everyone in my family gobbled it up.
- 5 strips bacon, fried and chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 3-4 green onions, chopped
- 1 lb tube pasta (I used Cellentani), cooked, drained and cooled to room temperature
- 1 lb chicken, cooked and shredded (I used ½ of a rotisserie chicken)
- 4 cups fresh spinach leaves, torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, chopped (I used oil-packed, if using dry, plump them in hot water before using)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Place the mayonnaise and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Whisk well. In a large bowl, combine pasta, bacon, green onions, shredded chicken, spinach leaves and sun-dried tomatoes. Toss lightly.
- Add about ½ to ¾ of the mayonnaise and vinegar mixture. Toss to combine. Add more dressing if the salad seems dry.