I happen to think sweet dips-slash-appetizers are brilliant. I mean, salsas and bean dips and spinach artichoke dips are everywhere, right? Every party. Always the same. But sweet dips? They are so where it’s at or at least where I’m at. Yep, that’s me. Hunkered over the sweet dip at the party hoarding it to myself and showing off my awesome social skills.
It was just a matter of time before I figured out a version for peanut butter cookie dough. I realize not everyone has peanut butter cookie dough on the brain but I’ll forgive you; we can still be friends, especially because this dip is so incredibly tasty. Creamy, lightly peanut buttery, sweet and filled with nibbles of peanut butter cups and chocolate chips, this dip is highly delicious.
And here’s the deal (no scoffing, please), if you make this with light cream cheese and adhere to the 12 mini peanut butter cups (instead of throwing in the whole bag which I wasn’t tempted to do at all, uh-uh, not me, no never), it really isn’t that bad for you. Now I’m not calling it health food so please, no hate mail, but you could get all crazy and dip apples in it for Pete’s sake, if that helps rationalize the making of it. One of the boys’ favorite after-school snacks is apple slices dipped in peanut butter. This isn’t so different, right?
Right. So glad we had this talk. Happy weekend!
P.S.: Oh hey, by the way, I just added FOUR new weekly menus. Three are anytime menus and the fourth is a fab summer menu. Yippee for no-stress menu planning!
- 2 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, light or regular, softened
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 12 mini peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Graham crackers and pretzels for serving
- In a medium bowl using an electric mixer (either handheld or a stand mixer) whip the cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and brown sugar together until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Mix in the vanilla and milk until the mixture is smooth.
- Fold in the peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with graham crackers, pretzels or anything else your heart desires!