9 Responses to The Best Yeast Breads

1. Amy Gooch says:

This may be a really dumb question but I want to make these tonight. With the pudding do I let it sit and get firm and then add all the stuff to it or do I just add the liquid to it?
    Thanks

Hi Amy – you don’t need to let the pudding set up. Just add the milk to the pudding, mix well, and then proceed with the recipe adding in the other ingredients.

2. Carlie Hughes says:

Where do you find white whole wheat to grind? I have never even heard of that.

3. Amber Soderlind says:

Do you make sourdough bread? I have made some and the first couple batches turn out fabulous! But I like to taste a bit more “soured”. Every time I leave me starter out (and follow the recipe I have) it won’t work anymore! Was wondering if you had any tips to keep the starter going or if you maybe had another great recipe up your sleeve!

I just happened upon your blog! I LOVE it! Thanks for sharing!!!

4. Joy says:

Where are the Lion House rolls? How’d they not make the Best Of cut?!

5. Grace says:

I see someone asked this above, but it was a couple years ago and I don’t see the answer (or a recipe for this)…

Do you have a good recipe for “Sourdough Baguettes”? Or any “Sourdough” bread recipes? I really want to make some homemade, but have not had any luck finding a good recipe so far. If you could help that’d be great!

I make your “Sweet and Sour Chicken” recipe at least once a week, my family tells me it’s the best chicken they’ve ever eaten and I agree. I love Chinese food, but it’s so expensive to buy for a large family, I’ve tried making this type of chicken in the past but it never turned out as good as the restaurants…until NOW. :D

It looks like you have so many other good recipes here, I want to try them all, (made the lemon bars last night and they were a big hit as well).

Thank you so much!

Hi Grace – glad you love the sweet and sour chicken! In answer to your question, I don’t have any great sourdough starter or bread recipes to share as I haven’t really experimented with that style yet. Good luck on your search!

6. Grace says:

Thanks, Mel.

I’m heading to the library to find a bread making book. : ) If I find a recipe worthy of your site maybe I’ll come back and share it.

-Grace