My Aunt Marilyn gave me this pasta salad recipe a while back and I had yet to try it until the other night. (If you are new here, I should explain that my Aunt Marilyn has her own label to the right over there – her recipes are always fabulous.) It was fantastic and will definitely go into my archives for a tried-and-true, delicious pasta salad. The dressing combination (pesto and creamy Caesar) is not overpowering, like many pasta salads, and the pine nuts give it a special crunch. This is one of my very favorite pasta salads and is always a tremendous hit at potlucks and BBQ’s. It’s a keeper!
- 1 12 oz. package tri-color rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 3 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 can black olives, sliced
- ¼ cups red onion, finely diced
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 6 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- 4 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2/3 cup creamy Caesar dressing
- 2 teaspoons sauté spice (equal parts black pepper, salt, and garlic powder)
- ½-1 cup toasted pine nuts
- Cook pasta and coat with Caesar dressing while warm. Add the rest of the ingredients (minus the pine nuts) and toss.
- Top with toasted pine nuts. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Recipe Source: from Aunt Marilyn