featured image

10 Tips to Raise and Encourage Adventurous Eaters

featured image final

Back to School: Let’s Talk Fast Dinners, Easy Lunches and Wholesome Breakfasts

No Oven Meals

Beat the Heat: Over 100 No-Oven-Required Meals!

Simple Buttermilk Substitutions

Buttermilk Substitutions {with free printable}

jam

Canning 101: Water Bath Basics

Coconut Oil

Coconut Oil: What Is It {And How I Use It!}

Cookie Dough Tin

Cookie Dough Tins – A Simple How-To

featured image

Cutting a Pineapple: My Way

DIY Homemade Yogurt

DIY Homemade Yogurt

Candlelight Dinner Family-Style

Family Candlelight Dinner: Tips, How-To’s and Menus {Our Favorite Valentine’s Day Tradition}

main image

Homemade Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup {And How to Sub in Recipes}

Cookie Binder BLOG

How I Organize My Recipes {And My Favorite Cookbooks & Blogs}

How to Cook Perfect Brown Rice

How to Cook Perfect Brown Rice

featured image final

I’ve Been Meaning to Tell You…

Covering with plastic wrap

Kitchen Tip: Pantry Staples

Cocoa Powder 101

Mel’s Kitchen Tip: Cocoa Powder 101

Menu Planning

Menu Planning Q&A {Submit Your Questions!}

Side Dish Planner

Menu Planning Solution: Side Dish Planner!

Thanksgiving Menu Plan

Simple Shredded Chicken: A Quick How-To

DIY Homemade Tortillas

Step-by-Step Homemade Tortillas {White & Whole Wheat Versions!}

The Only Pie Crust Recipe and Tutorial You'll Ever Need

The Best and Only Pie Crust Recipe {& Tutorial} You’ll Ever Need

featured image

The Great Cookie Experiment: Baking Pans and Liners!

The Great Cookie Experiment

Tutorial: Shaping Perfect Rolls

Dough on Fingers

Tutorial: Working With Yeast

types-of-wheat-3-circles

Wheat and Wheat Grinding 101: The Wheat {Types, Where to Buy, and What to Make}

Wheat Grinding

Wheat Grinding 101: All About Wheat Grinders {Plus over 60 Reviews of Popular Grinders}

Whole Wheat Bread

Whole Wheat Bread {Step-by-Step}

16 Responses to Kitchen Tips

1. vickie says:

I would love to read your tips!

2. Michele B says:

I would love a tutorial on how to make basic fluffy white rice. Mine never comes out right. It drives me crazy!

3. Mary Welsh says:

Love a tutorial on how to cream butter and sugar….mine never works out and also on how to make pie crust.

4. Janice says:

Mel have you thought about a cookbook I would be the standing in line to get one Thank you Janice from North Dakota

5. Melissa says:

I love these tutorials! They are so helpful! I’ve read and used quite a few of them. Thank you so much for posting them! I love your blog and its new look and have been talking/referring it to everyone!

6. Donna golding says:

Just found your fb page.BRILLIANT! Love the best of recipes, made it o much easier to bookmark them into their proper tabs that I have. LOVE LOVE LOVE your kitchen tips. Why more fb pages aren’t as organized as yours is, is beyond me. From now on all I have to do is go to your page. It has EVERYTHING!!! I live in Moncton new Brunswick Canada, another tundra locale in th winter, so I cannot wait for yummy recipes to keep you warm In the winter…. Here’s hoping to becoming a rockstar!!! Donna

7. Sara says:

I’ve been enjoying your recipes for awhile, but recently decided to cut back on meat and dairy for health reasons. Have you considered experimenting with any vegan recipes? I’d sure like to try your versions if that were possible.

Thanks!

8. love your pumpkin roll, first time i made it..i do have a question. when you grease the jelly roll pan do you recommened using crisco or pam spray when greasing pan?
    thanks for your time

bonnie from hershey pa

9. Maureen says:

My granddaughter made your sea salt Caramels and they are the best. I cannot find the recipe. It does not use Condensed milk, it uses real heavy cream. It is the best ever recipe. Please help.

10. Peggy says:

What are your thoughts on freezing cookie dough? If you would freeze it would you freeze it in cookie form or just the dough?

Peggy – When I freeze cookie dough, I shape it into balls and freeze it that way – then just bake from frozen and add maybe a minute or so onto the baking time.

11. David says:

I love the Homemade Ciabatta Bread , and have followed your tutorial, very delicious!
    Thank you!

12. Gina says:

In the crock pot turkey, do you ever put potatoes and carrots in with the turkey? If yes, how much and when and how long to cook. I love your website. It could make even the best cook better informed and eager to try new recipes!!! Thanks.

13. Gina says:

Do you ever cook potatoes and carrots in with the slow cooker bone-in turkey with gravy? If yes, how much veggies, how long to cook. This is a great website for all types of cooks. Inspires to try new recipes!!!