8 Responses to Video Kitchen/Cooking Tips

1. Julie ORear says:

Why had I not thought, GREAT IDEA!!!!

2. Stephanie says:

Thanks for sharing! Very ingenious and practical!

3. Raquel says:

Thanks for such a great website! You may have a whole list of tutorials in the works, but if you need any ideas for video tutorials :) I am terrible at wrapping/rolling burritos or eggrolls (for recipes like your baked southwest eggrolls and freezer beef and bean burritos). My husband can always get his to stay rolled up so well, and I am just lousy at it. Just ask him how to do it, you say? His answer as to how he does it so well….”I don’t know. I just do it.” Not helpful. :)

4. Lisa says:

Hi Mel!
    I have an issue. I try to avoid it whenever I can, but last week I made your broccoli cheese soup, which involves making a roux. The soup was grade A….of course…. but my roux always…. always always… turns out to be grainy. It drives me crazy. I consulted with my go to person on cooking advice (Mom), and she replied with, “Why do you think I always keep cornstarch in the cupboard?”
    Well…. that didn’t help. I love your videos. I would swoon over a video on how to make a roux, and I think there may be quite a few others out there. I have seen plenty of step-by-step picture tutorials, and that obviously has not helped.

Hi Lisa – just out of curiosity, have you made the Hawaiian Haystacks gravy from my site? I’ve had some rouxs turn out a bit grainy, too, but that one is always completely smooth. I’d be curious if you’ve made it and what your experience has been.

5. Don Bonthron says:

Can’t find your video on pie crust using sour cream.

6. heidi says:

Can’t wait to see a sliver of your new kitchen :) I hope you love your new digs.