Honey Lime Fruit Salad
The best fruit salad ever! This honey lime fruit salad is so easy and delicious with just enough flair to make it feel extra-special.
This has been my go-to fruit salad for over a decade. It is a hit every time I serve it!
The hint of fresh lime and touch of honey take this fruit salad from basic to absolutely extraordinary.
How to Make Honey Lime Fruit Salad
If “throw all the fruit together in the bowl” isn’t detailed enough 😉, here are a few more steps to make the best fruit salad of your life.
- Add fruit to a medium serving bowl (more info on what fruit to use below!)
- Toss the zest of a fresh lime on top of the fruit.
- Drizzle a tablespoon or two of honey over everything.
- Toss to combine.
Why the honey? Even though fruit is already naturally sweet, adding a tiny bit of honey (also naturally sweet!) amplifies the fresh flavors of the fruit and compliments the pop of lime perfectly!
Best Fruit for Fruit Salad
For this recipe, I like to use:
- Kiwi (green or golden!)
- Red or green grapes
- Fresh or canned pineapple chunks
- Canned mandarin oranges
This honey lime fruit salad recipe is super adaptable to other kinds of fruit. A few ideas for additions or substitutions: blueberries, cantaloupe or honeydew, mango, blackberries, apples, fresh peaches.
Firm fruits works better in fruit salad than soft fruits. I usually avoid using raspberries, watermelon, or other more tender/watery fruits.
A Few Notes
This delicious fruit salad is best served immediately. If you want to make it ahead of time, it’s best to serve it within 1-2 hours. The fruit will get a bit watery and the strawberries can discolor the other fruit if it sits too long.
Also, the honey/lime flavors can get diluted over time.
Poppy seeds are listed in the ingredient list, but they are optional. I add them about 56% of the time. And when I don’t, I kind of wish I had.
Finally, the lime zest adds a pop of incredible flavor, so don’t leave it out!
This easy fruit salad makes a fantastic side dish for just about any meal, and it is exceptional served in the summer when so many fresh fruits are at their peak of deliciousness.
It is a tried-and-true favorite!
Here are a few rave reviews from others (so you don’t have to take just my word for it).
Tristin: I just made this two days ago for the first time… and then I made a big batch again today! So, yeah… we like it A LOT. I’ve never really enjoyed a fruit salad with a dressing, but this dressing is a real complement to the fruit rather than being overwhelming. It’s definitely finding a permanent place in my recipe binder.
Carlin: I made this for a baby shower tonight. I figured it would taste fine but I wasn’t prepared for how amazing it was! It’s so unassuming that it’s reallt surprising how delicious it is. It was the hit of the shower with everyone going back for more. Another great recipe!
Brittany: This was so good. I’m pretty sure my 20 month old ate his weight in this stuff. I love how easy and simple it is! Perfect for using any kind of in-season fruit or whatever is in my pantry. Will definitely be making again and again!
Honey Lime Fruit Salad
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained well, or about 1 1/2 to 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 (15-ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained well
- 2 to 3 ripe kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup red or green grapes, halved
- 1 cup strawberries, hulled and quartered
- Zest from one lime, about 1/2 tablespoon
- 1 to 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ to 1 teaspoon poppy seeds (optional)
- Combine the fruit in a serving bowl. Add the lime zest and toss.
- Drizzle the honey over the fruit and gently mix until the fruit is evenly coated. Sprinkle the poppy seeds on top, if using, and toss to combine.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving (any longer and the fruit salad can get a bit watery and discolored from the strawberries).
Recipe Source: adapted from my cousin Ryan S. (Aunt Marilyn’s son)
Recipe originally posted in 2010; updated August 2016 and again July 2023 with new photos, recipe notes, etc.