Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
These oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars are soft, chewy and always a hit! With just a few minutes of prep, they’re out of the oven quickly!
I’ve been making these easy oatmeal chocolate chip cookie bars for almost 20 years. Talk about a tried-and-true favorite!
They are easy, no-fuss, and they will always be one of my favorite cookie bars ever.
Soft and chewy, they are a perfect alternative to scooping out tray after tray of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.
I just love cookies in bar form. I really do.
Oatmeal Chocolate Chunk Bars
- ¾ cup (170 g) butter, softened OR melted (see note)
- ½ cup (106 g) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (106 g) lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¾ cups (249 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (100 g) quick oats or old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2 cups (340 g) chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly coat a 9X13-inch baking pan with cooking spray or line with parchment and lightly grease parchment and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, baking soda and salt, and mix with an electric mixer (handheld or stand mixer) until well-combined.
- Add the flour, oats and chocolate chips and mix until evenly combined.
- Press the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. Don’t overbake! These bars are best underbaked by just a bit.
Recipe Source: adapted from 24 Hour Menu