Perfect for entertaining or for a light meal, this tortellini spinach salad with balsamic-tomato vinaigrette will surely elevate salad night!
We all have those times we just need a salad to feel like we’re eating healthy. This salad, whether or not it fits your definition of health food, is amazing. Absolutely amazing.
Delicious baby spinach leaves make up the base of the salad and cheese-filled, tender tortellini are intermixed, giving a wonderful depth and weight to an otherwise leafy salad.
Add in the-one-and-only artichoke, tangy sundried tomatoes, spicy red onions, and creamy feta cheese and you have a salad masterpiece.
Toss it all with a unique balsamic-tomato vinaigrette and I could eat this every night of the week and still be satisfied.
Perfect for entertaining or for a light weeknight meal (especially with the addition of grilled chicken), this salad has escalated to the highest ranks of my go-to salads. Thanks Debbie L. for the recipe!
- 20 ounce package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can quartered artichokes
- 1 (9 oz.) bag fresh baby spinach
- 1 (3 oz.) bag sun dried tomatoes or jar of sun dried tomatoes, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 9 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ tablespoon tomato paste
- Salt and pepper to taste (about 1/8 teaspoon each)
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Cook tortellini in boiling water until al dente. Drain and toss (carefully so the tortellini don’t break apart) with a teaspoon of olive oil to keep from sticking. Let cool in colander. In a large bowl, toss all the salad ingredients together after the pasta has cooled.
- In a blender add all of the dressing ingredients except for the olive oil and process until smooth. Then, while the blender is running, slowly add the olive oil and blend until completely combined. If serving the salad right away, immediately pour the dressing over the salad and toss well (you may not need all the dressing). Serve.
Recipe Source: adapted from Debbie L.