Let’s talk about simplicity here. And we’ll throw in a smidge of light, refreshing, deliciously healthy and yummy for good measure. I’ve been on the search for a lighter, less sweet fruit dip that compliments the fruit in a way to let the fresh, juicy fruit really shine, instead of covering it up in saccharine sweetness.
A simple combination of thick, luscious Greek yogurt, honey and cinnamon, this fruit dip is creamy and absolutely wonderful paired with fresh fruit of any variety: bananas, apples, strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, etc. And in reference to simplicity – it doesn’t get any easier than this, trust me.
A fruit dip like this is perfect paired with some of the more hearty, rich appetizers of last week. Not only that, but it makes the ultimate after-school snack, as my happy children can attest.
Click HERE to see all of this year’s Sugar Rush Reinvented recipes. The sweet Sugar Rush recipe is highlighted below!
- 2 cups plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup honey (decrease to 1/4 cup if using vanilla yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Assorted fresh fruit like apples, pineapple, strawberries, bananas, etc
- In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, honey and cinnamon. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve on a platter with fresh fruit. The dip keeps well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Recipe Source: adapted slightly from Epicurious