Honey Yogurt Dip

Let’s talk about simplicity here. And we’ll throw in a smidge of light, refreshing, deliciously healthy and yummy for good measure. I’ve been on the search for a lighter, less sweet fruit dip that compliments the fruit in a way to let the fresh, juicy fruit really shine, instead of covering it up in saccharine sweetness.

A simple combination of thick, luscious Greek yogurt, honey and cinnamon, this fruit dip is creamy and absolutely wonderful paired with fresh fruit of any variety: bananas, apples, strawberries, pineapple, cantaloupe, etc. And in reference to simplicity – it doesn’t get any easier than this, trust me.

Honey Yogurt Dip

A fruit dip like this is perfect paired with some of the more hearty, rich appetizers of last week. Not only that, but it makes the ultimate after-school snack, as my happy children can attest.

Click HERE to see all of this year’s Sugar Rush Reinvented recipes. The sweet Sugar Rush recipe is highlighted below!

Fresh Fruit with Honey-Yogurt Dip

Yield: Makes about 2 cups

Fresh Fruit with Honey-Yogurt Dip

Ingredients

• 2 cups plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup honey (decrease to 1/4 cup if using vanilla yogurt)
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Assorted fresh fruit like apples, pineapple, strawberries, bananas, etc

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, combine the yogurt, honey and cinnamon. Stir well. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve on a platter with fresh fruit. The dip keeps well in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.

Recipe Source: adapted slightly from Epicurious

7 Responses to Fresh Fruit with Honey-Yogurt Dip

1. Kim in MD says:

This sounds delicious, Mel! My family loves fruit, and this looks like it could served at anytime of the day. My children love smoothies, and I’m thinking you could throw the yogurt mixture in the blender with some frozen fruit for an amazing smoothie, too! YUM! :-)

2. Nicole, RD says:

It doesn’t get much easier or tastier than that :)

3. Heather says:

I am excited to try this! All of the fruit dip recipes I have are so sweet. Sometimes I feel guilty making them. Thanks!

4. Melanie S. says:

Thanks once again, Melanie! I am LOVING this year’s Sugar rush. Might I offer a variation to your dip? Lime zest. Not too much, just enough to add a bit of mystery. Thanks again for all of your hard work!

5. Shauntel says:

Have you seen the Nutella fruit dip recipe floating around Pinterest? Two parts vanilla or plain Greek yogurt + one part Nutella = HEAVEN. Ate it by the spoonful. Occassionally with fruit. ;)

6. Sook says:

Wow, Melanie… I think that maybe all of your sugar rush reinvented recipes should be on the list of things to make for my diet menu… ha ha They all look so delicious and I like that you tried to come up with something sweet and healthier at the same time.

7. Heidy says:

This was a great addition to our Packer Game spread today! Yum!