Asian Noodle Salad
This Asian noodle salad is simple and refreshing, and is a perfect compliment to any Asian-flavored chicken or beef dish.
I alwasy love having something light to serve with the Asian Chicken Wraps; this lovely little noodle salad fits the bill perfectly.
The dressing is slightly tangy, slightly sweet, slightly salty, slightly garlicky – and really, really delicious.
It pairs perfectly with the tender spaghetti noodles and the crunchy vegetables.
The fragrant basil and cilantro added a wonderful touch and were the first picks out of my newly planted herbs.
Simple and refreshing, I was surprised at the rate of speed my family and I slurped up these yummy noodles.
Simple Asian Noodle Salad
- ½ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ½ cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- ½ cup basil leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced finely
- ½ red bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- ½ yellow bell pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup toasted peanuts, optional
- ½ pound spaghetti noodles, cooked per instructions
- For the dressing, combine all ingredients thoroughly. Let sit for at least 1 hour to let the flavors combine.
- For the salad, prepare all the vegetables, set aside.
- Once the spaghetti has cooked per instructions, rinse with cold water and drain. Once the noodles are completely cool, add the vegetables and peanuts. Mix the dressing again thoroughly then add to the noodles and vegetables. Stir until well combined and serve.
Recipe Source: adapted slightly from For the Love of Cooking