Healthy, flavorful, and simple beyond words, this slow cooker Mediterranean pork with couscous is a perfect solution to a frazzled weeknight dinner.
I love when friends and readers of MKC send me recipes! It’s always fantastic to read about what other people are eating and loving, plus I have this weird hobby that consists of things like reading recipes, looking for recipes, begging for recipes. I love me some new recipes.
This Mediterranean Pork recipe was sent to me by Clarissa, who is also the originator of this recipe and this recipe and if you’ve tried either of those and loved them as much as I have…well, this pork is bound to be a hit. (Thanks for the recipes, Clarissa!)
Slow cooked to tender perfection, the shredded pork and lingering, tasty juices are served over couscous. Serve with sliced tomatoes and a steamed veggie and you have a complete meal.
Healthy, incredibly flavorful, and simple beyond words, this is a perfect solution to a frazzled weeknight dinner conundrum or even for a lazy Sunday afternoon when you don’t want to be slaving in the kitchen.
Make it! Love it!
One Year Ago: Baked Southwest Egg Rolls with Chipotle Dipping Sauce
Two Years Ago: Coconut and Cashew Granola
Three Years Ago: No-Bake Spiderweb Cheesecake
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless pork loin, trimmed of fat (or the equivalent of boneless pork chops)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1/2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 1/4 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1-2 cups couscous, prepared according to package directions
- In a liquid measuring cup combine the oil, broth and spices. Cut small slits with a paring knife into the pork roast (or pork chops). Place the pork in a 4-quart slow cooker and pour the broth/spice mixture over the top of the pork. Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 7-8 hours until the pork is tender.
- Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred into pieces. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and toss with the juices/liquid. Serve the meat/juices over couscous.