These Oreo cheesecake bites are cheesecake and Oreo bliss in bite-size form. Drizzled in white and dark chocolate, they are heavenly!
I love cheesecake. And I love Oreo cheesecake.
What could be better than combining my favorite components into bite-sized form drizzled with white and dark chocolate?
Pure heaven, my friends. Pure heaven.
I served these Oreo cheesecake bites with the delightful Key Lime Bars and the ever-so-decadent Caramel Brownies at a book group I hosted a month or so ago.
The cheesecake bites provided a delightfully creamy and luscious contrast to the other desserts at the table.
Personally, I could have eaten the entire plateful, but considering I had guests in my home, I tried to exercise some semblance of control.
We won’t discuss what happened to the leftovers when everyone departed for the evening.
What happens in my kitchen stays in my kitchen.
Over the years, these have stayed a huge favorite.
Just judging by the comments alone, I’m not the only one who loves these Oreo cheesecake bites to the moon and back.
For a cheesecake dessert, they are incredibly easy and a perfect recipe for cheesecake newbies and experts alike.
So many of you have made them for special occasions, family dinners, potlucks, it’s-been-a-hard-week-need-food-therapy moments.
Classic, every day Oreos work great…but so do Trader Joe’s brand of Oreos and even other add-ins.
Candy bars? Thin Mints? Sounds cliche but the options are pretty much endless.
Don’t forget about this recipe – it’s a keeper. Feel free to read through the comments to get an idea of many other reviews and variations and basically, a lot of gushing over these fabulous Oreo cheesecake bites.
One Year Ago: Red Coconut Curry Noodles
Two Years Ago: Chicken Gyros
Three Years Ago: Angel Hair Pasta Salad
Recipe Source: adapted from Kraft Recipes
36 bites, depending on size
1 hour 55 minutes
2 hours 50 minutes
36 Oreo Cookies, divided
1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter
4 packages (8-ounces each) cream cheese, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 large eggs
4 ounces semisweet chocolate
4 ounces white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides. Finely crush 24 Oreo cookies. Melt 1/4 cup butter; mix with crumbs. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each just until blended. Chop remaining cookies. Gently stir into batter; pour over crust.
- Bake the cheesecake for about 35-40 minutes or until the sides are set and the center is almost set. Cool completely on a wire rack in the pan.
- When the cheesecake is completely cooled, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. When chilled, remove the cheesecake using the foil overhang and cut the cheesecake into bite-sized pieces. Place the cheesecake bites on a wax or parchment paper-lined baking tray. Melt the semisweet chocolate and white chocolate in separate bowls (I use the microwave on 50% power, stirring frequently). Pour the melted chocolate into a ziploc bag, one for the semisweet chocolate, one for the white chocolate. Snip a small corner off the corner of the bag and drizzle the chocolate over the cheesecake bars. Chill the bars until ready to serve. Alternately, the drizzled bites can be frozen in an airtight container for up to a month. Let them defrost in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.