Oh my, were these ever good.
I snagged the recipe from Picky Palate and made them for a neighborhood BBQ. What a hit!
Not only are they decadent and delicious but they are extremely easy (helped out by a cake mix and peanut butter cups).
Isn’t that the best when something gets such rave reviews and only you know how easy it was to make?
Love it. And I love these…the perfect combination of chocolate, peanut butter and cheesecake. Yum!
Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake Bars
- 1 Devils food cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick softened butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 10 regular size Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, cut into little pieces
- 1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with tin foil. Spray with non stick cooking spray. Mix cake mix, egg and butter together then press into baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in egg until well combined then stir in peanut butter cups. Pour over cake layer and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through (it only took 30 minutes in my oven). Remove and let cool completely.
- Carefully lift bars out of dish using ends of foil. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted through. Stir in heavy cream and stir until glossy smooth. Spread chocolate over cheesecake layer, cut into squares and serve.
Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens!
Recipe Source: from Picky Palate