Oh my, were these ever good.
I snagged the recipe from Picky Palate and made them for a neighborhood BBQ. What a hit!
Not only are they decadent and delicious but they are extremely easy (helped out by a cake mix and peanut butter cups).
Isn’t that the best when something gets such rave reviews and only you know how easy it was to make?
Love it. And I love these…the perfect combination of chocolate, peanut butter and cheesecake. Yum!
- 1 Devils food cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1 stick softened butter
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/3 Cup sugar
- 10 regular size Reeses Peanut Butter Cups, cut into little pieces
- 1 Cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×13 inch baking dish with tin foil. Spray with non stick cooking spray. Mix cake mix, egg and butter together then press into baking dish.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in egg until well combined then stir in peanut butter cups. Pour over cake layer and bake for 30-40 minutes or until cheesecake is cooked through (it only took 30 minutes in my oven). Remove and let cool completely.
- Carefully lift bars out of dish using ends of foil. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals until melted through. Stir in heavy cream and stir until glossy smooth. Spread chocolate over cheesecake layer, cut into squares and serve.
Recipe Source: from Picky Palate