White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
These homemade white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are delicious, buttery, and chewy- absolute perfection!
This recipe makes me so very happy.
Even though I’m not the super hugest white chocolate fan in the world (as in, you’ll never find me hiding in the pantry eating white chocolate chips, for instance), somehow when it appears in macadamia nut cookies, I go wild.
I’ve even uttered the phrase: “I looooove white chocolate” before while eating these.
After which I immediately wondered who I am and shoved a handful of bittersweet chocolate chips in my mouth to recenter my soul.
I’ve been perfecting this recipe for a while.
One would think that if you want a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie you could very easily take a tried-and-true classic chocolate chip cookie and swap out a few necessary ingredients and woila! a perfect white chocolate macadamia nut cookie would be born.
Not so, friends, not so.
It took several iterations for just the right cookie dough base to hold the magic of the white chocolate and macadamia nuts.
It’s not rocket science, no secret ingredients, just a tweak here and there to get a delicious, buttery, chewy, soft cookie dough filled with the crunch of macadamia nuts and the creaminess of white chocolate.
Yum. These are absolute perfection.
Perfect White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup (227 g) salted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (159 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (212 g) packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups (426 g) all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 12 ounces (340 g) white chocolate chips
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar with a handheld mixer (or in the bowl of a stand mixer) until the mixture is well-combined.
- Add the vanilla and eggs and beat until the mixture is creamy and light in color, 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the flour, salt and soda and mix until just combined; a few streaks of flour remaining are ok.
- Add the white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts and mix until combined and no streaks of flour remain.
- Roll tablespoon (or slightly larger) size balls of dough and place on silpat or parchment lined baking sheets, 1 to 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes.
Recipe Source: from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe