Such a delightfully simple cookie. But oh baby, are these ever worthy to grace the posts of Sugar Rush.
Think of a chewy, soft oatmeal chocolate chip cookie with light and crunchy Rice Krispies bubbling through every bite. I love the texture of these cookies.
Thick and soft, crunchy and chewy…and so very simple to throw together.
They won’t last long, I can promise you that.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal (like Rice Krispies)
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well. Add the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix. Fold in oats, cereal and chips. Drop tablespoonfuls of the cookie dough onto lightly greased or lined (with parchment or silicone liner) baking sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden brown but still soft.
Recipe Source: from my friend, Mariann, via The Essential Mormon Cookbook