Homemade taco seasoning. Is there any reason NOT to make it? Not only are the spices included in the mix fairly common so you can use them in other recipes, but this takes literally seconds to throw together and the flavor is spot-on and a lot less processed than the mixes you buy at the store.
With over 2,000 five-star reviews on Allrecipes, you know this taco seasoning is going to be great. And it is.
I always have a little jar of it on hand in my pantry for recipes that call for the prepackaged taco seasoning mix. And just wait until you see the recipe (coming Monday!) that features this mix. It’ll knock your socks off.
*If you haven’t entered the Blendtec giveaway and would like to, click HERE. Winner will be announced Monday!*
Note: I quadruple the recipe and store it in an airtight container in my spice cabinet so I don't have to assemble the mix each time I need taco seasoning. I also frequently sub in smoked paprika for the regular paprika to give it a different, well, smoky flavor.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Mix all spices together until well combined. Use immediately or store in an airtight container in your spice cabinet and use as needed.
Recipe Source: adapted slightly from allrecipes.com