Heaven on a plate.
My tummy’s delight.
Best stuff I’ve eaten all decade.
That pretty much sums up this chocolate chip cheeseball.
The idea of a sweet, desserty cheeseball has been on my mind lately and after perusing the internet and basically finding one main recipe out there for a chocolate chip cheeseball, I came up with my own version, since, sorry, even though it is dessert, I couldn’t stomach the thought of adding an entire stick of butter to the mix, also.
The end result is such a creamy, decadent, and utterly refreshing concoction that I am already scheduling in the ways I can make this at least daily for the next year.
For more appetizer ideas, go here. Happy New Year!
Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
- 12 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup crushed chocolate cookies, like chocolate teddy grahams or oreos, for rolling
- Graham crackers, pretzels, apples (or whatever you like!) for dipping
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, vanilla, powdered sugar and brown sugar until well mixed. Stir in the chocolate chips. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1-2 hours to give the mixture time to firm up a little bit.
- Place the crushed cookies on a dinner plate or shallow pie plate. Using lightly greased hands, mold the cream cheese mixture into a ball. Even after chilling it will be slightly soft so don’t worry if this part gets a little messy. Drop the ball into the crushed cookies and roll around and/or scoop up the crushed cookies and lightly press them into the cheeseball.
- Place the cheeseball on a serving platter and cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with graham crackers, pretzels, apples, chocolate cookies or whatever your little heart desires!
Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens!
Recipe Source: from My Kitchen Cafe