These chocolate cream cheese truffles are much easier and less fussy than traditional truffles, but are still full of rich chocolate flavor.
These truffles are in a word: divine. Much easier and less fussy than traditional truffles, they are still true to rich chocolate flavor and a delightful creamy center.
I love the fact that although these truffles have non-traditional ingredients (i.e. cream cheese), the dusting of cocoa powder makes them seem authentic.
The recipe, from Coconut and Lime, is definitely going on my list of decadent treats to make often (because, seriously, who doesn’t need a decadent treat every day or two?).
- 1 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, slightly softened
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- cocoa to roll
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and sugar. Add melted chocolate. Beat until well combined. Let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes (I found the mixture was too soft to roll right after beating the ingredients together).
- Using your fingers, roll the mixture into small balls (about 3/4-inch in diameter). Sprinkle about 1/3 cup of cocoa on a plate and gently roll the candy to coat. Place on a clean plate and serve. You can also wait a couple of hours and they will have a more solid texture (I chilled mine before serving).
Recipe Source: from Coconut and Lime