Creamy Chicken Fettuccine
This homemade creamy chicken fettuccine recipe is incredibly delicious, comes together in 30 minutes or less, and uses every day ingredients.
This dinner – well, it is what dreams are made of.
Not only is it incredibly delicious but it comes together in 30 minutes or less and uses everyday ingredients.
Honestly, I could eat the entire dish. Creamy pasta with lemon and garlic and basil…what can I say? It is heaven.
You really can’t go wrong in my house with chicken and pasta and this recipe is no exception!
One sidenote: this is definitely NOT an overly saucy dish so if you like more sauce with your pasta, consider making more of the sauce OR cooking less than one pound pasta.
What To Serve With This:
Simple Green Salad
French Bread Rolls
Fresh, seasonal fruit
Creamy Chicken Fettuccine
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts cut crosswise into 1/4-inch strips
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon grated zest and 2 tablespoons juice from 1 lemon
- 1 pound fettuccine
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 ½ cups grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- Bring 4 quarts water to boil in large pot. Pat chicken dry with paper towels and season with salt and pepper. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken until no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Add garlic to empty skillet and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add cream, lemon zest, and lemon juice and simmer until sauce is slightly thickened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat, cover, and keep warm.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and pasta to boiling water and cook until almost al dente. Add peas to pot and cook until bright green, about 1 minute. Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water, drain pasta and peas, and return to pot. Add sauce, cheese, basil, and reserved chicken to pot and toss to combine, adding reserved pasta water as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: from Cook’s Country
25 Comments on “Creamy Chicken Fettuccine”
ANother hit with my husband and 4 kids. I don’t even use my cookbooks anymore. 95% of my recipes come from your site. Dinner, desserts, everything! Thank you so much for this website. It makes meal planning so easy!
Made this just now . I left out the peas and doubled the sauce. Awesome!!! Soooo good!!!!
Just made this tonight for dinner with double the sauce, it was so delicious! Great recipe!
Mel, how many does this serve?
Kristen – probably about 4-6.
I left out the peas and chicken and made this fettucine as a side dish with chicken cordon bleu last night and it was absolutely amazing! We were snowed in on our anniversary and I knew I could count on you for a good recipe!
Great summer dish Mel! The lemon brightened up the cream sauce and my fresh basil added a wonderfully fresh summer feel to the whole dish…definitely on the make again list!
Jenn – your comment reminds me I need to make this because I think you are right that this would make a delicious summer dish!
Another yummy one. I used WW pasta, light cream ( its what I had on hand) and subbed broccoli for the peas. It was delicious! My husband grilled the chicken too…
tanya – I love your changes. I’m glad you liked this!
Our family loves this recipe too, and everyone begs for the last of the leftovers. 🙂 The lemon, peas and basil really lighten it up and give it such a fresh flavor. Thank you!
Allison – so glad you like this! I agree that the flavor is so fresh and light.
i love the pop of peas in things like this–great recipe!
This was so delicious! My whole family ate every bite! Thank you!
That looks awesome! I agree that you can’t go wrong with pasta and chicken. I’ll definitely have to try this one. I also love that it’s so simple!
I would love this- have bookmarked
Marci – thanks for commenting. You are very kind and I’m so glad you liked this pasta dish!
Chicken fettuccine is my husband’s favorite – I should make this for him (with double the sauce!)
Camille – so glad you liked this. I saw you posted it on your blog. Thanks for commenting and letting me know!
Hi Sherri – thanks for letting me know this was a hit with your family! I’m so glad!
Ohmygoodness, this was soooo good!!! Just made it tonight for dinner!! Even my VERY PICKY 2 1/2 year old guy ate it!!! This is possibly the best pasta dish I have ever had!!! No joke!! Y.U.M.!!
Oh yum! I am a huge pasta lover!!! I am slacking greatly on making it! This sounds soooo good! Great recipe!
We made this last night and it was delicious! Thanks for all the great recipes!
Delish! I take a whole bowl please!
This looks great! So simple and hearty. I like the combination of peas in pasta – not sure why because I think it’s somewhat unusual but I am a fan!