The only thing better than classic granola is granola with chocolate. Try this french chocolate granola to satisfy all of your taste buds.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ cup raw almonds, chopped
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (once again, I used sweetened coconut because I had it on hand)
- 2 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 6 Tbsp. mild honey
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ½ cup, or more, finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 300°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, coconut, sugar, and salt. Stir well to blend.
- In a small saucepan, warm the honey and oil over low heat, whisking occasionally – watch out! the oil will want to splash - until the honey is loose. Pour over the dry ingredients, and stir to combine well.
- Spread the mixture evenly on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until golden. Set a timer to go off halfway through the baking time, so that you can give the granola a good stir; this helps it to cook evenly. When it’s ready, remove the pan from the oven, stir well – this will keep it from cooling into a hard, solid sheet – and cool completely.
- When cool, transfer the granola to a large bowl, storage jar, or zipper-lock plastic bag. Add the chocolate, and stir (or shake, if using a jar or bag) to mix.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe Source: from Orangette