Light and healthful, as far as pasta dishes go, this recipe is packed with flavor and makes for a very satisfying meal.
A major plus with this meal is it is made start to finish in thirty minutes or less. Love that.
I have to mention here that I am also heartily in love with the garlic/lemon/basil combination. Delicious.
I served this with the garlic knots I praised earlier and it was a fantastic weeknight dinner.
Garlic Chicken Pasta with Spinach
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (this doesn’t add spiciness – just the right amount of flavor)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 1 (5-ounce) bag baby spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil or 1 tablespoon dried
- 6 tablespoons juice from 2 lemons
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Bring 4 quarts water to a boil in a large pot. Meanwhile, combine garlic, pepper flakes and oil in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave until garlic is golden and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Pat chicken dry with paper towels and cut into bite-size pieces. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer 1 tablespoon of the garlic/red pepper oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat until oil is rippling. Add chicken and cook until well browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
- Add 1 tablespoon salt and the pasta to boiling water and cook until tender but still slightly firm (al dente). Reserve 1/2 cup cooking water. Drain pasta and return to the pot. Stir in chicken, spinach, basil, lemon juice, Parmesan, and remaining garlic mixture, adding reserved pasta water as needed. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens!
Recipe Source: adapted from Cook’s Country