Creamy and luxurious, perfectly sweet (but not too), vanilla-ey, silky – this pudding is classic and delicious!
While not a huge rice pudding fan myself, I could eat this all day…oh wait, I have been. It is definitely the best rice pudding recipe I’ve ever tasted.
Now all I have to do is figure out how to make it perfectly chocolate.
- ¾ cup Arborio rice, rinsed
- 6 cups whole milk
- ½ vanilla bean, split and scraped or 1-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- In a medium saucepan, combine rice, milk, vanilla bean and seeds, sugar, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until rice is tender and liquid has absorbed, about 40-45 minutes.
- Remove vanilla bean; stir in heavy cream. Rice pudding may be served warm, at room temperature or chilled (personally I prefer it slightly warmed).
Recipe Source: adapted from Martha Stewart