Thanks to the grilling recipes submitted recently, I have been in heaven trying to decide what recipes to grill first.
This salmon recipe came at the perfect moment – right about the time my husband was scratching his head wondering how to fix the salmon he had bought for Mother’s Day.
I handed over this recipe that Nicole submitted (incidentally, two others submitted the same recipe, Marisa and Jodee, so you know it has to be a keeper!) and I am so glad her comment popped up when it did because honestly, this is some of the most delicious, tender, flavorful salmon we have ever prepared and eaten – AND it was extremely simple to prepare and grill.
Oh, it was so fabulous, I haven’t been able to get it out of my mind and I completely stuffed myself on Mother’s Day because I couldn’t stop eating this. Yum! Thanks Nicole, Maris and Jodee!
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- lemon pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- salt to taste
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Season salmon fillets with lemon pepper, garlic powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat grill for medium heat.
- Lightly oil grill grate. Place salmon on the preheated grill, and discard marinade. Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Recipe Source: from Nicole (and Marisa and Jodee)