Seconds to whip together, this brownie batter dip is perfect on anything from pretzels to strawberries, animal crackers to apples.
Um, hello. Brownie Batter Dip? Where has this been my entire life?
Seconds to whip together, this dip is perfect on anything from pretzels to strawberries, animal crackers to apples.
Served with fruit of some kind, it’s justifiable for an afternoon snack.
Eaten with just a spoon (who me?) and it just might replace my current favorite coping skill (ahem, shoving handfuls of chocolate chips in my face while hiding in the pantry).
The texture of this dip is exactly what you would expect from the title of the recipe – it tastes just like brownie batter!
And if you’ve never dipped your finger in unbaked brownie batter for a taste, then can we even be friends? But if you have, you’ll know that the slightly gritty, but ultra-delicious decadence of brownie batter is a very, very dangerous thing.
And that’s what you get with this brownie batter dip.
This makes for the perfect addition to a simple ladies luncheon, bridal shower, baby shower, after school snack, movie night…so many reasons to make this dip!
I personally love the salty-sweet combo going on when serving pretzels as the dippable option.
If you, like me, have a thing for brownie batter inspired treats, you might want to also check out this Brownie Batter Muddy Buddies (or Puppy Chow) recipe. It is crazy delicious (again, that salty sweet combo is magical).
And if you are after straight up decadence, these brownie batter truffles should definitely make their way into your life.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, light or regular, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (4 tablespoons) butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar, plus more for a stiffer consistency, if needed
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder, regular or Dutch-process
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2-4 tablespoons milk
- Chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- Pretzels, strawberries, graham crackers, animal crackers, apples for dipping
- In a large bowl with a handheld electric mixer or in the bowl of an electric stand mixer, whip together the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy, 1-2 minutes. Add 2 cups of the powdered sugar. Mix well. Add the flour, cocoa powder, brown sugar, vanilla and 2 tablespoons milk. Mix until fluffy and smooth. Add additional powdered sugar and/or milk, if needed, until desired consistency is reached. The dip should be soft enough to easily dip a pretzel in (without breaking the pretzel!) but not so soft that it spreads out instead of holding it's shape in a fluffy cloud of brownie batter goodness. Garnish with chocolate chips, if desired.
Recipe Source: as seen on Pinterest, adapted from Something Swanky