We scarfed down these sandwiches Friday night, had leftover sandwiches Saturday for lunch, and I am STILL craving them today.
They were extremely delectable and shockingly easy.
This is a fabulous recipe from Dinner’s Ready – a blog I stumbled upon that has many contributors – which makes for GREAT variety.
I have bookmarked several of their delicious recipes (no pictures, but the recipes still caught my attention!).
I served the sandwiches on buns I made from my French Bread roll recipe and the combination of homemade bread, lots of melted cheese and tender, juicy meat was to die for.
Once again, another recipe going into my vault of tried-and-true.
- 1 pot roast, anywhere from 2 to 4 pounds
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- mozzarella slices
- 1 McCormick Au Jus sauce packet (found in the gravy mix aisle)
- Rolls /buns
- In crockpot, dissolve Au jus packet in 3 cups of cold water then add the roast (my roast was still partly frozen).
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours (I cooked mine about 8 hours on low before adding the peppers and onion for another hour).
- One hour before you plan to eat, shred the beef then slice the peppers and onions and add to crockpot.
- When it is finished, remove meat and veggies with a slotted spoon. Place mozzarella slices on buns and put under low broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned.
- Fill the rolls with the meat and veggies, then divide the Au Jus sauce into smaller bowls for dipping.
Recipe Source: adapted from Dinner’s Ready