These melt-in-your-mouth sugar gems are a yummy, easy alternative to traditional sugar cookies. No rolling out the dough required!
Another stellar recipe from The Sister’s Cafe – these cookies are delicious!
A yummy alternative to traditional sugar cookies, these are easier because you don’t have to roll out the dough and cut out with cookie cutters.
You simply roll into balls and flatten with a glass and sugar.
The texture is soft and melts in your mouth.
These are fantastic with or without frosting. Yum!
- 1 cup (114 g) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (212 g) sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 cup (227 g) butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups (710 g) flour
- 1 teaspoon cream of tarter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2-2 ½ cups (228 to 285 g) powdered sugar
- ½ cup oil
- 2 teaspoons almond, vanilla, or coconut flavoring, (I used coconut flavoring and it was delicious)
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- Coloring if wanted
- Mix all ingredients well. Roll into golf size balls and place on cookie sheets. Flatten with bottom of glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes. Cool and frost with sugar gem frosting.
- For the frosting, mix well and add a little more milk or powdered sugar to get the right consistency.
Recipe Source: from The Sister’s Cafe