If you are like me and love Mexican-inspired meals more than life, this cilantro lime rice will be your constant friend.
Almost as simple as making every day white rice, this cilantro lime rice gets a boost from sautéing the rice quickly in a pat of butter.
A few simple seasonings are thrown in, and before you know it, you’ll have some seriously delicious cilantro lime rice for the eating.
So. If cilantro lime rice has not been part of your world, you should definitely change that. It’s so yummy – I can’t get enough!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/4 cups rice (long grain white rice or jasmine rice works best)
- 2 1/4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Juice and zest of 1 large lime
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a skillet or medium saucepan, melt the butter and add the rice. Stir, letting the rice and butter cook for 1-2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 15-16 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, for 10 minutes. Fluff with fork and serve.
Lots of people have asked if this recipe can be made with brown rice – there are updates from commenters who have tried it in the comment thread below!
Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens!
Recipe Source: from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe