A few weeks ago I raved about some ribs I had made that were delicious.
I still adhere to my conviction that they were great, but the ribs I made a few days ago win the ultimate prize in tenderness and flavor.
I am still craving them, days later. And, my kids, who normally spend about 30 minutes gumming up a piece of meat before it is swallowable were chowing down these ribs because they were so tasty and tender.
The ribs cook in a crockpot the day before grilling and basting, which screams they will be tender as all get out, and I now know I will be using this technique forevermore with boneless ribs (I think ribs on the bone would fall apart in the slow cooker and wouldn’t work well on the grill the next day).
The homemade BBQ sauce is not only excitingly easy, it is so tasty! The chili sauce gives a tiny kick and the hoisin sauce adds a great depth to the flavor.
Fabulous BBQ Ribs
- 4 lbs. boneless pork ribs
- steak seasoning (I used Montreal steak seasoning)
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoons allspice
- Season ribs with the steak seasoning and place in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 7 hours.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker (this may be done one day in advance). If preparing ribs one day prior to serving, place in a single layer in a glass dish. Let cool slightly before covering and refrigerating.
- For the BBQ sauce, mix all remaining ingredients in a small bowl until well blended (I also mixed the BBQ sauce a day in advance and refrigerated to give the flavors a chance to blend). Heat the grill (I used an indoor grill pan) and grill ribs over medium heat 10-12 minutes to heat through. Turn the ribs often and baste with sauce frequently.
Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens!