This unique and delicious roasted cauliflower has done nothing less than revolutionize my childrens’ attitudes toward cauliflower. They’ve never been lovers of the homely vegetable but will choke it down when a chocolate chip cookie is calling their name for dessert.
So imagine their skepticism when I placed this roasty-toasty curried cauliflower before them. They were not buying it. Not one little bit.
Until they finally gave in and tried it (the almighty chocolate chip cookie has a lot of power in this house). And I am not making this up…they ate every last drop of cauliflower on that platter (of course my husband and I helped, too).
This stuff is magically addictive! My boys kept insisting it tasted just like popcorn. I’m not sure that is exactly true, but it does have a wonderful roasted flavor that is absolutely scrumptious.
I had no idea that cauliflower tossed with a bit of olive oil, salt and curry and then roasted in the oven could become something so utterly delicious. It is nothing short of a miracle that my three year old requested this cauliflower for his birthday meal. Awesome.
P.S. I want to give a big shout out to one of my first blogging friends (we’ve been food blogging together for years, now!), Laura from Real Mom Kitchen. She is coming out with her first cookbook, and while I haven’t seen it, I know that she has worked hard on this project and I am proud of her! Here is a link to find more information. Way to go, Laura!
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Preheat the oven to 475 degrees F.
- Wash and core the cauliflower and cut the florets into bite-size pieces. Place in a large bowl. Toss the cauliflower with the olive oil, salt and curry powder.
- Turn out the cauliflower onto a large rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 16-18 minutes, stirring every 6-7 minutes, until the cauliflower is browned in spots and is crisp-tender. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: from my friend Lesli D.