Grilled Corn Salad
The smokiness of this grilled corn salad is fantastic with the green onions, warm cumin flavor and hint of butter. Plus, grilling corn is just a lot of fun.
The smokiness of the grilled corn is fantastic with the green onions, warm cumin flavor and hint of butter.
Plus, grilling corn is just a lot of fun (see the picture below the recipe). You get to char the heck out of something and not stress about it.
This grilled corn salad makes a perfect side dish!
- 6 ears of corn, still in their husks
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- To prepare the corn, carefully peel back the husk without removing it completely and tear off the silky threads. Gently fold the husk back over the corn. Fill a large bowl or pot with cold water and soak the de-silked corn for 15-30 minutes.
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat. Place the corn (still in it’s husk) on the grill and cook the corn, flipping it when each side turns black and charred. The whole grilling process should take about 8-10 minutes (depending on the heat of your grill). The corn husks will get awfully black but don’t worry about that. If you are worried about whether the corn is done, using an oven mitt or something else to protect your hands, pull back the husk and gently cut off a piece of the corn to test it.
- When the corn is juicy and cooked, cut the kernels off the cob (again, using an oven mitt or towel to hold the hot corn while you cut off the kernels). Toss the hot corn with the butter. Stir in the cumin, salt, pepper and green onions. Serve immediately.
Recipe Source: based on a recipe from Real Simple