This guacamole salad is just one big bowl of fresh, summer yumminess. Add it to your summer salad list. You won’t be disappointed!
This salad is just one big bowl of fresh, summer yumminess.
From the famed pork tenderloin dinner, this guacamole salad (or salsa variation, if you will) has become one of my go-to sides for everything from chicken (grilled or baked) to pork and even quickly thrown together for a simple lunch all on its own.
I love the freshness of the tomatoes, peppers and avocados – and the light, citrus dressing compliments the vegetables and beans perfectly.
This salad is really wonderful with grilled cuts of meat that don’t have an accompanying sauce or gravy because the juiciness of the salad pairs with the grilled meat in just the right way. Add this to your summer salad list.
You won’t be disappointed!
One Year Ago: Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Chicken
Two Years Ago: Hot Hoagies
Three Years Ago: Frozen Key Lime
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and chopped (about 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice, from about 2 limes
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium garlic clove, finely minced
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe Haas avocados, seeded, peeled, and diced (about 1/2-inch pieces)
- Place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeno peppers, and lime zest in a large bowl.
- Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, salt, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss well. This mixture can be refrigerated for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Just before you’re ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad. Check the seasoning, adding salt and pepper to taste if needed, and serve at room temperature.
Recipe Source: adapted slightly from Ina Garten/Food Network
24 Comments on “Guacamole Salad”
Have made this so many times. Love it! Love adapting it and Great to use garden produce.
Mel’s I love your spinach artichoke dip.
I made this for a family gathering and they loved it. Served it with some scoop tortilla chips. Thank you, Mel, for another fantastic tried-and-true recipe! I can always count on you!
Oh, and I used your shortcut method for slicing the tomatoes – worked like a charm!
Just had this for lunch on a whim because had some avocados ready to turn. It is amazing. I didn’t have bell peppers and it was still amazing. My son will be thrilled when he gets home froms chool. He loves this stuff! It needs to go on your recipes forgotten post!
This was ok as a side, but probably won’t make it again as a side. Was not a big hit at my house. My husband and I agreed It would be fabulous with the tortilla “scoop” chips or as a topping for your chipotle chicken tacos.
I made this last night to rave reviews! Thank you!
I made this but added some grilled corn and grilled chicken that I had in the fridge. DELICIOUS! I’ve eaten this for breakfast, lunch and dinner:)
This looks really scrumptious. 🙂
Made the tonight for Father’s day. It was even yummy-er than the pictures make it look!
Just made this last weekend with your Mexican Rice and Chicken Fajitas. It was such a delicious feast! I especially love how fresh and bright this salad is. I’m looking forward to making it all summer long!
I have made this before and it is delicious! Your photo is gorgeous, Melanie! 🙂
this will be perfect to munch on out by the pool! so fresh and light!
this would make a lovely side dish for many entrees, that’s true. however, i’d be perfectly elated to have a bowl as my main, side, and dessert.
okay, so i’d need a second, REAL dessert, but that’s beside the point–this is a great dish! 🙂
Pretty sure this is going to be in heavy rotation this summer. Thanks for sharing, Mel!
mmm that makes me wish it was getting warmer outside. I make a salsa just like this but grill some of the veggies first and and some grilled pineapple or peaches and put on top of fish tacos. I think I know what I am going to have to make this weekend if it warm. Thanks again for another great idea!
you’re right–a perfect summer salad!
I have been on a real avocado kick lately and this looks wonderful.
This looks perfect for a cookout! Yum!
Mel, this looks so good! Can’t wait to try it out!
With the huge Spanish/Mexican kick I have going on over at my house…this will fit in nicely 🙂
This looks wonderful!!! Thank you for sharing!
Hmmm..mm.. another delicious & healthy food for the day. I love the whole combination. Simply yummy.
Hope you’re having a great day.
What you have inspired me to do is to make some guacamole. I do it well. Nice work.