I finally stripped this mashed potatoes recipe out of the Tender Baked Pork Chops post and gave it a post of it’s own, which is why it is virtually comment-less since I tucked it away neatly in the archives instead of featuring it directly.
Rest assured that these potatoes are hands-down my go-to favorites for mashing. The roasted garlic imparts terrific flavor and you just can’t go wrong with loads of freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Make ’em. Love ’em.
Roasted Garlic and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- 5 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled, rinsed and diced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4-5 cloves roasted garlic (trim the pointy end off a head of garlic, place sprout-side down on a piece of aluminum foil and drizzle with a tablespoon of olive oil, fold sides of foil up to enclose the garlic completely and cook in a 350 degree oven for 20 minutes, or until the garlic is tender; the cloves squeeze right out of their skins when they are ready)
- For the mashed potatoes, In a large pot, place the potatoes and cover with water (by at least two inches). Add the salt. Bring to a boil, and cook the potatoes until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and return to the hot pot.
- Begin mashing the potatoes. Add the butter and mash in to the potatoes. Add the milk, cheese, roasted garlic and salt and pepper to taste. Mash until the potatoes are smooth. Serve immediately.
Follow @melskitchencafe on Instagram and show me the recipes you are making from my blog using the hashtag #melskitchencafe. I love seeing all the goodness you are whipping up in your kitchens!
Recipe Source: from Mel’s Kitchen Cafe