This pasta was the second stellar application of the Lemon Garlic Chicken. I saw the recipe on Clouse Cousins Cookin’ at the perfect time when I needed a recipe in which to use the rest of the chicken. It was fantastic! Creamy and light – it really hit the spot when I made it for dinner and the lemon garlic chicken was incredible paired with the chewy pasta and lemony cream sauce. Plus, I just love pasta dishes that cook the pasta in the main flavors of the recipe (in this case, the pasta cooks in chicken broth and lemon juice). I doubled the original recipe to feed our family and made a few small changes so my adapted recipe is below. This will definitely be a remake at our house!
- 3 cups shredded or cubed Lemon Garlic Chicken
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (16 ounce) package tube pasta (I used rigatoni)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- In a large saucepan, season the chicken broth with the garlic powder and pepper. Bring to a boil and add lemon juice and pasta. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until all liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Stir chicken into cooked pasta, along with the cream, parmesan cheese and lemon zest. Cook, stirring, over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand 5 minutes. Stir thoroughly before serving